Homes and lots in some master-planned West Valley communities will be sold out by the end of this year as developers and homebuilders are now buying up land farther to the west and northwest.
Gov. Doug Ducey has tapped former Buckeye Mayor Jackie A. Meck for the state board of transportation.
Devin Del Palacio and Freddie Villalon used their recent appointments as president and vice president, respectively, of the Tolleson Union High School District Governing Board to reflect on their plans.
West Valley View - West
Best of West Valley
- License plate reader cameras to be installed
- Avondale hires Pimentel as intergovernmental affairs admin
- Student-athlete credits family for success
- Home developers pushing farther west
- Business Briefcase
- Avondale council OKs strategic plan
- Staff updates Avondale on financial status
- Abrazo West Campus earns stroke certification
- New shopping center planned for Buckeye
- LESD breaks ground for Blue Horizon school
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
In Case You Missed It...
In 1995, in a column for this newspaper, I made a serious error in judgment.
Every few months, a stranger approaches me on the golf course to discuss something I’ve written. This makes me anxious, because (a) these folks typically disagree with the column in question and (b) I’m usually about to miss a 5-foot putt I need to make par.
In Arizona’s formative years — say before the Valley constructed an actual freeway system — the state’s economy and reputation rested on what early Arizonans called “the Five Cs.”
Contact your reps
Goodyear council generosity?
Do you know what I have learned over the years? There’s nothing that will improve your walk with God and your prayer life more than a big crisis in your life. Let me illustrate.
It was a Monday night in April and my parents let me stay up past bedtime to watch the Atlanta Braves play the Los Angeles Dodgers.