The city of Avondale will have a“One-Less” campaign Oct. 21 to 25.
According to a release, “This weeklong social media campaign will focus each day on a different aspect of waste and will have an accompanying challenge.
“The challenges exist to inform and embolden participants to do their part to lessen waste by increasing sustainable practices.”
For more information on the social media campaign, visit avondaleaz.gov/oneless.“It is our goal to spread awareness and inform Avondale residents of simple ways they can take action to better our environment,” said Hether Krause, Avondale’s Environmental & Sustainability Program Manager.
The “One-Less” Campaign was created to inspire and encourage people to make a cognizant choice to take pride in their community and shed wasteful habits. This campaign is the brainchild of the Energy, Environment, and Natural Resource Commission (EENRC), whose purpose is to help the City identify resource conservation goals and environmental practices to support sustainability.
“I am so thrilled to kick off this campaign and see how green we, as a city, can be,” said Litzy Hernandez, EENRC Chair.
For more information, visit.avondaleaz.gov/oneless, which encourages participants to post pictures on social media with hashtag #AvondaleOneLess .
Here is howthe week of Oct. 21-25 is structured to reduce waste:
Day 1- Single-Use Plastics
• Avoid using items such as plastic straws and grocery bags.
• Only use reusable silverware (no plasticware.)
Day 2- Recycling
• Utilize proper recycling methods.
• Use our helpful High 5 Icon for recycling items.
Day 3- Keep It Real
• Avoid take-out or bring your own to-go containers.
• Drink from reusable water bottles and coffee mugs.
Day 4- Green Clean
• Avoid using harsh chemicals.
• Use all-natural or homemade cleaners.
Day 5- Zero Waste Day
• Avoid wasteful habits.
• Can you go the entire day without creating waste?