Before getting to what everyone wants to know — “Where can we still go to eat?” — a few announcements.
•First up: A new hotel in Avondale.
My Place Hotels is opening the brand’s 55th hotel off Interstate-10 Exit 131 at 915 N. Avondale Boulevard. The 63-room, four-story hotel was developed by MP Avondale LLC., built by Haydon Building Corp and is managed by Venerts Hotel Management.
Jim McDonald of MP Avondale said the owners are excited to introduce the brand and concept they love at a time when the community may need it most.
“We will be in a fantastic position to serve leisure travelers once the many events nearby begin rescheduling, but opening up to serve the community of first responders and other essential travelers right here and right now is top priority,” McDonald said. “With kitchens and everything they need in the comfort of their own room, I could not think of a better place for anyone who needs clean, comfortable and flexible lodging.”
Each guest room features a My Kitchen, complete with a cooktop, a microwave and a full refrigerator. My Place Hotels offer pet-friendly accommodations, include on-site laundry facilities, complimentary high-speed internet service and a 24-hour My Store, located in the hotel lobby and stocked with an array of supplies for the guests’ convenience.
•Next up: Resources for businesses/individuals.
Small businesses will definitely want to bookmark a page put together by the Goodyear Economic Development Department: developgoodyearaz.com/resources/covid19.
One of the most interesting links is developgoodyearaz.com/resources/innovationhub, for “one-on-one mentoring to help you reposition your business during this temporary setback.”
The page includes links to Arizona Commerce Authority, for resources to support businesses and employees as they help combat the spread of COVID-19, Arizona Department of Economic Security, for unemployment benefits and other information; the Small Business Administration, which provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters (such as COVID-19); and the National Restaurant Association, “to ensure that restaurants have the latest information about coronavirus.”
Speaking of restaurants, let’s get to the local eateries remaining open for takeout, drive through and/or delivery.
•Welcome back, Dino’s!
After a temporary closure, Dino’s Greek & Italian Grill and Bar, 1550 N. Dysart Road, Suite B8, Goodyear, 623-535-8380, is back in business.
“We’re open daily from 4 to 8 p.m. for takeout, curbside and delivery,” promised a Facebook post.
Nothing like being able to choose between a gyro and fettuccine Alfredo …
•From Deborah Huyer, owner of two Goodyear eateries:
Cafe Bebida, 8175 S. Hillside Drive, 623-248-1224, walk-up window is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
“Picnic on the lawn, take a hike, bike or relax by the fountains and enjoy the views in one of our outdoor seating areas. Great for getting out and social distancing.”
Lakeside Grill, 17665 W. Elliot Road, is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily for curbside pick-up or delivery. “Enjoy lunch or dinner in the comfort of your home or picnic by the lake. Call 623-236-3047.”
“Donate two items of nonperishable goods/food and get 10% off your curbside pickup order.”
•Pete’s Fish & Chips: “All eight locations throughout the valley are still serving the community as we have been for the past 73 years. Our drive-throughs are open and our patios will be serving takeout as usual.”
Locations include 9309 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, 623-936-3111; and 5516 W. Glendale Avenue, Glendale, 623-937-6001. For more info, visit petesfishandchips.com.
The city of Avondale has a big list of restaurants still open at avondaleedge.com/ReadytoServe.
Among the Avondale restaurants remaining open:
• 1 Brothers Pizza, 11435 W. Buckeye Road, Suite A100; 623-936-7053.
• 8-Bit Aleworks, 1050 N. Fairway Drive, Suite 101; 623-925-1650.
• 99 Pub and Grill, 965 E. Van Buren Street, No. 124; 623-882-1222.
• Ahi Poki, 10321 W. McDowell Road; 623-242-9613.
• Atlantis Mexican, 1109 N. Dysart Road, Suite D; 623-312-2252.
• Blaze Pizza, 10155 W. McDowell Road, No. 103; 623-455-6768.
• Café Rio Mexican Grill, 10120 W. McDowell Road; 623-748-2100.
• Café Zamora’s, 606 E. Western Avenue; 623-925-0955.
• Café Zupas, 10265 W. McDowell Road; 623-696-3894.
• Carolina’s Mexican, 27 N. Dysart Road; 623-925-0808.
• Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 9920 W. McDowell Road; 623-936-0597.
• Cristina’s Salvadorean, 10665 W. Indian School Road; 623-249-4481.
• Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, 10005 W. McDowell Road Suite 101; 623-936-2011.
• Ed’s Fish and Chips, 306 N. Central Avenue; 623-932-5043.
The city of Goodyear’s jumbo list at developgoodyearaz.com/resources/gyr-restaurants includes:
• Royal Jasmine Thai & Asian, 14970 W. Indian School Road, Suite 200; 623-236-3362.
• Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Grill, 15479 W. McDowell Road, Suite 101; 623-536-7326.
• Rudy’s Country Store & Barbecue, 845 N Litchfield Road; 480-663-6311.
• Taste of Italy, 17750 W. Elliot Road, Suite 112; 623-691-6888.
• Taste of Italy Pizza, 3810 S. Estrella Parkway, Suite 308.
• Teabo Coffee & Sandwiches, 319 N. Litchfield Road; 623-932-2272.
• Texas Roadhouse, 15255 W. McDowell Road; 623-535-4700.
• Tomo Japanese Cuisine, 1550 N. Dysart Road, Suite A7; 623-935-2031.
• Waffle House, 820 N. Dysart Road; 623-932-9058.
• Wildflower Bread Company, 1380 N. Litchfield Road; 623-935-1131.
• Wok Wei Asian Cuisine, 15560 W. Roosevelt Street, Suite B104; 623-882-8838.
• Yan’s Chinese Food, 15557 W. Roosevelt Street, Suite 101; 623-925-1888.
Email your favorite restaurant to firstname.lastname@example.org.