The city of Avondale has partnered with ACTEnviro, a hazardous waste disposal contractor, to offer two Saturday HHW drop-off opportunities at the contractor’s location.
Residents of Avondale are invited to take advantage of these free disposal opportunities from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Dec. 5, and Saturday, Dec. 12.
The event will be held at ACTEnviro disposal, 6212 S. 75th Avenue, Laveen.
Residents must register in advance by calling Avondale Public Works at 623-333-4400 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Commercial waste will not be accepted. Materials should be transported in a cardboard box in the trunk or truck bed of vehicles.
• Electronics—TVs, cell phones, VCRs, computers.
• Lawn chemicals—pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers.
• Home repair chemicals—paint, thinners, solvents, adhesives.
• Automotive liquids—motor oil, antifreeze, car batteries, gasoline.
• Passenger car tires—up to five tires, no wheels, rims or truck tires.
• Household items—batteries, poisons, pool chemicals, fire extinguishers.
Items that will not be accepted include large or off-road tires, 55-gallon drums of waste, air conditioners, appliances, ammunition, biological or medical waste, glass, metal, plastic and water heaters.
A complete list of items can be found online at avondaleaz.gov/HHW.