Contractor crews working for the city of Avondale will be applying rugged surface sealant to roads throughout Avondale this month. Most of these roads are collector streets and the work will take place over a period of approximately two weeks. This road preservation work is scheduled through Oct. 25, 2019.
Streets being treated west of the Agua Fria River include:
• Osborn Road between Dysart Road and Sante Fe Trail.
• Thomas Road (westbound only) between Dysart Road and 135th Avenue.
• Rancho Santa Fe Boulevard between Thomas and McDowell Roads.
• Eliseo Felix Way between Van Buren Street and its north end.
• La Canada Boulevard and Fourth Street between Van Buren Street and Central Avenue.
• Fourth Avenue south of Western Avenue.
• Western Avenue east of Dysart Road.
• Tenth Street between Western Avenue and Riley Drive
East of the river, main roads getting treated include:
• Fairway Drive between Van Buren Street and Coldwater Springs Drive.
• Van Buren Street between Links Drive and Avondale Boulevard.
• Avondale Boulevard between McDowell Road and I-10.
• 119th Avenue between McDowell Road and Monte Vista Road.
• Avondale Boulevard between Thomas Road and Cambridge Avenue.
• Encanto Boulevard between 107th Avenue and 103rd Avenue.
Crews will be performing the work between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
According to the city of Avondale, “Every effort will be made to provide traffic control that minimizes interruptions to normal traffic flows. Notifications will be provided to residents adjacent to these roads via HOAs in advance to the work.
“Variable message boards are also being placed to warn drivers of possible modest delays.”
For questions or more information, call the city of Avondale at 623-333-4221.