Crews will begin construction work along MC 85 (Buckeye Road) between 95th and 75th avenues on Monday, January 14. Construction on this phase of the MC 85 Corridor Improvement Project is expected to last through the summer of 2020.
As part of this work crews will:
• Reconstruct and widen MC 85 from 95th Avenue to 75th Avenue to five lanes, including a center turn-lane or raised median at intersections
• Intersection improvements at 91st Avenue and 83rd Avenue, including the addition of turn lanes, the reconstruction of the traffic signals and improvements to the cross streets
• Install a new traffic signal at 79th Avenue
• Construct continuous sidewalks along both sides of the roadway
• Improve drainage basins
• Business access will be maintained throughout the construction process