An estimated 281,550 women and 2,650 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and blood, plasma and especially platelet donations are constantly needed to help patients undergoing cancer treatments.
By donating with Vitalant during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, donors can support cancer patients and those with chronic blood disorders, surgery patients, trauma victims and others with serious health conditions.
To learn more and make an appointment to donate, please visit vitalant.org or call 877-25-VITAL (877-258-4825). West Valley locations detailed below.
Blood drives hosted at schools, businesses and other organizations have not rebounded to pre-pandemic levels, but patient needs cannot wait. More donors are needed to visit an alternate community blood drive or Vitalant donor center to ensure every patient need can be met before it arises. Those who receive a Food and Drug Administration-authorized COVID-19 vaccine or seasonal flu vaccine can give blood immediately if other eligibility requirements are met. Donors must be feeling well the day of their donation.
Vitalant follows strict protocols to ensure the safety of donors, patients and staff, including social distancing and other precautions. To support a safe environment and most efficiently follow the latest CDC guidance, masks are required for all donors, staff, volunteers and guests at Vitalant blood drives and facilities regardless of vaccination status.
For Vitalant blood donation appointments, call 1-877-258-4825 or visit vitalant.org.
West Valley Donor Centers
• 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays; 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays to Sundays; and 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mondays. The centers are located at 18583 N. 59th Avenue, Glendale, and 14270 W. Indian School Road, Goodyear.
Public blood drives by city
• 7 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19, and Wednesday, Oct. 20, at Universal Technical Institute, 10695 W. Pierce Street.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 29, Agua Fria High School, 530 E. Riley Lane.
• 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Oct. 19, Buckeye City Hall, 530 E. Monroe Avenue.
• 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Oct. 28, Skyview High School, 4290 S. Miller Road.
• 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Oct. 14, 5850 W. Glendale Avenue.
• 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 17, Community of Christ, 5035 W. Paradise Lane.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 20, Bechtel Corporation, 5323 N. 99th Avenue.
• 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 21, Abrazo Arrowhead Campus, 18701 N. 67th Avenue.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 22, The Beauty Method, 6685 W. Beardsley Road, Suite 140.
• 7 to 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 21, Abrazo West Campus, 13677 W. McDowell Road.
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26, PebbleCreek Community, 3645 Clubhouse Drive.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, Community of Estrella, 17665 W. Elliot Drive.
• 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 14, Sunset Heights Elementary School, 9687 W. Adam Avenue.
• 8 a.m. to noon Sunday, Oct. 24, Life in Christ, 14802 N. 75th Avenue.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, Trilogy at Vistancia, 27980 N. Trilogy Boulevard East.