The West Valley’s explosive growth shows no sign of slowing down.
At its Aug. 24 meeting, Goodyear City Council approved multiple developments, including:
• A plan for a 336-unit apartment complex called the Cabana on Bullard, 10 acres on Bullard Avenue and Van Buren Street.
• The final plat of Hillstone Residences at Canyon Trails, with more than 200 units on 22 acres at South 173th Avenue and West Yuma Road.
• The final plats of two Estrella development projects (South Estrella Parkway between South San Miguel Drive and West Westar Drive).
• The preliminary plat for Paseo Place, 80 acres with 295 homes at Yuma Road and 183rd Avenue.
• The preliminary plat for El Cidro Parcels 4 and 5 for multifamily developments and a single-family rental project. The two parts of the El Cidro development are bordered by Cotton Lane and 169th Avenue to the west and east and West Lower Buckeye Road and West Elwood Street to the north and south.
A preliminary plan for developing 328 acres of El Cidro into 1,260 single-family homes was approved in 2014. The first three parcels were later approved “and are currently under development,” according to the Aug. 24 agenda packet.