Republicans in the Arizona House of Representatives are promising “tax relief for Arizonans” in 2020.
Last week, House Majority Leader Warren Petersen (R-12) released the House Republican Caucus’ Majority Plan for the upcoming 2020 legislative session.
In 2019, the House Republicans put forward a Majority Plan to meet the specific needs and challenges of the time. Working closely with the Senate and the governor, every major component of the plan was accomplished, Petersen said.
“Under Republican leadership, Arizona has reduced its debt, balanced its budget, protected constitutional rights, cut regulations, increased its credit rating, and dramatically increased education funding,” said Petersen.
According to a press release, caucus priorities for the 2020 Legislative Session include support for:
• Investment in K-12 education.
• Protecting parental and constitutional rights.
• Providing tax relief to Arizonans.
• Strengthening border security.
• Supporting public safety and criminal justice
• Improving transportation throughout Arizona
• Paying off debt
• Preserving Arizona’s water supply
• Promote affordable health care
A full copy of the House Republican Majority Plan is available at azhouse.gov/alispdfs/AZ_House_Republican_Caucus_Majority_Plan_2020.pdf.