Twenty-year Goodyear resident Tamara Floyd is running for Goodyear City Council in 2022.
Floyd wishes to expand the city’s economic growth; Head Start/Preschool programming; small-business development; public transit; and human services/resources for seniors, veterans, the homeless and marginalized communities.
Floyd represents diverse populations and is passionate about economic development, affordable housing, and helping residents come back stronger from the pandemic.
She has a strong community advocacy background and is ready to serve as Goodyear’s next city council member.
She is a senior program coordinator with the University of Arizona, Roosevelt Early Childhood Family Resource Center, where she assists families with community resources and referrals and develops partnerships with community-based organizations and coalitions.
Her active civic engagement includes:
• Legislative District 4 Precinct Committee Person (LD4 PC).
• Co-chair or chair of the Phoenix Human Services Commission since June 2017.
• Co-chair or chair of the Phoenix Human Services Advisory Committee, since November 2016.
• Real Women Revealed community outreach director since December 2015.
• Travis Williams Community Council since March 2015.
• South Central Extension/Downtown Hub Construction Advisory Board since May 2020.