Over the Labor Day holiday week, blood donations declined by about 25%, but the transfusion needs of hospital patients remained constant. The community can help make tomorrows better for many people by donating to rebuild the blood supply now. When tragedy strikes, it is the blood on the shelves that saves lives.
A Goodyear donor center is available at 14270 W. Indian School Road from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
The following public blood drives will be available in the West Valley:
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, September 18, Estrella Mountain Community College, 3000 N. Dysart Road (Estrella Conference Center)
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, September 19, Gateway Chevrolet, 9901 W. Papago Freeway (Bloodmobile)
• 7:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, September 29, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, 13720 W. Thomas Road (Bloodmobile)
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 18, Abrazo Buckeye Campus, 525 W. Watson Road (Bloodmobile)
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, September 29, Desert Springs Community Church, 14440 W. Indian School Road (Bloodmobile)
• 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, September 30, Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 S. Estrella Parkway (Performing Arts Theater)
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, September 26, The Wigwam, 300 E. Wigwam Boulevard (Bloodmobile)
For a blood donation appointment, visit bloodhero.com (enter city or ZIP code) or call 1-877-25-VITAL (1-877-258-4825).