Every day, almost 5,000 blood donations are needed to meet the needs of people throughout the country.
Vitalant is the nation’s second-largest community blood service provider, supplying comprehensive transfusion medicine services for nearly 1,000 hospitals and health care partners for patients in need across 40 states. Vitalant inspires local communities to serve the needs of others and transform lives through the selfless act of donating blood.
Vitalant’s 780,000 donors supply 1.8 million donations a year. In addition to blood products, Vitalant offers customers transfusion services, medical consulting, quality guidance, ongoing education, research and more.
O-negative and O-positive are the universal blood types that are needed in emergency, trauma and shortage situations. While all blood types are needed, the greatest demand is for donors with these blood types.
So, Vitalant is urging blood donors to roll up their sleeves in support of patients by hosting numerous blood drives throughout the West Valley.
Those who donate through Friday, September 6, will be entered to win a 2019 Volkswagen Passat Wolfsburg Edition donated by the Valley Volkswagen dealers.
A Goodyear donor center, at 14270 W. Indian School Road, is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays, and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
Here are Vitalant’s upcoming local blood drives:
• 7:45 to 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, July 31, Universal Technical Institute, 10695 W. Pierce Street (Auditorium)
• 1:15 to 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, Universal Technical Institute, 10695 W. Pierce Street (Auditorium)
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, August 12, Larry H. Miller Automotive Group, 10205 W. Papago Freeway (Bloodmobile)
• 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday, August 13, Maricopa County Justice Courts, 10420 W. Van Buren Street (Bloodmobile)
• 8 a.m. to noon Sunday, August 18, Chris Community United Methodist Church, 104 W. Western Avenue (Bloodmobile)
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, September 3, Estrella Mountain Community College, 3000 N. Dysart Road (Plaza Gallery)
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 13, Pebble Creek Retirement Community, 3645 Clubhouse Drive (Palm Room)
• 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, August 24, St. Peter Episcopal Church, 400 S. Old Litchfield Road (Celebration Hall)
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, September 1, Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, 512 N. 93rd Avenue (Regina Hall)
For a blood donation appointment, visit bloodhero.com (enter city or ZIP code) or call 1-877-25-VITAL (1-877-258-4825).