Commemorative occasions don’t come along everyday, so The Wigwam is making the most of its 90th anniversary celebration with nine reasons to enjoy the fall season under the sun.
Having opened as a guest ranch on Thanksgiving Day 1929, the historic resort will offer a variety of anniversary-inspired activities this November.
From onsite entertainment events to commemorative 1920s-themed food and beverage items, special golf amenities to a new pampering spa treatment, The Wigwam’s 90-year anniversary will be one for the history books.
• Screen on the Green — Starting at 7 p.m. Friday, November 22, guests are invited to drive up to the front lawn in their golf carts and enjoy an outdoor movie on the big screen.
• Speakeasy in the Arizona Room — Join in a jazz age-themed bash with live jazz music and 1920s-inspired cocktails. From 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday, November 23, guests who attend are also encouraged to play the part and dress in their Great Gatsby best.
• Arts in the Park — Dance the afternoon away to the Arizona Swing Kings in performance on The Wigwam’s front lawn. Visitors can stop by any time between 3 and 5 p.m. Sunday, November 24.
• Family Game Night — From 4 p.m. to closing time Monday, November 25, guests are invited to slip into The Wigwam bar to play a variety of nostalgic throwback games with 1920s and vintage favorites including Monopoly, Scrabble, crossword puzzles, Sorry! and more.
• A Taste of the 1920s — From 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, November 26, epicureans can take their taste buds back in time with spirits inspired by the Roaring ’20s at Red’s Bar & Grill.
• Board & Bottle Special — Enjoy the sound of live jazz at Litchfield’s Bar and Grill from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, November 27, with a complimentary chef’s selection charcuterie-and-cheese board with purchase of a bottle of wine.
• 90th Anniversary Feasting — While the rest of the country sinks into the couch to watch football after their big meals, The Wigwam will be giving thanks to 90 years of southwestern hospitality with anniversary-themed Thanksgiving Day culinary in The Wigwam’s ballroom Thursday, November 28. Commemorate the day by snapping a picture at the green screen photo booth, which will showcase historic photos of the resort as the backdrop.
• Turn Back the Clock — Head face first into The Wigwam’s new LeMonds Aveda Salon and Spa and indulge in a 1929 facial. A pampering journey back in time, the 50-minute facial combines the perfect aroma for relaxation with rejuvenating Vitamin C to leave the skin smooth, nourished, hydrated and youthful. Available through November exclusively at LeMonds Aveda Salon and Spa for $180.
• A Hole in 90 — There is a diverse array of experiences awaiting golfers at The Wigwam with three onsite courses: The Gold, The Blue and The Red. This fall, golfers can take their game to the next level for less with the resort’s 90th anniversary Golf Special featuring one round on any of those courses as well as themed amenities including The Wigwam’s Logoed Shirt, The Wigwam’s Logoed 1929 Cap and a sleeve of Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls. Available through November exclusively at the golf shop for $90. (Discounts do not apply.)
The Wigwam Bar will also toast the resort’s 90th anniversary through the month of November with a craft cocktail menu featuring specialty drinks inspired by the favorite cocktails of notable imbibers from the 1920s. The menu includes the F. Scott Fitzgerald (gin, lime and tonic), the Babe Ruth (Wigwam ale and a shot of house bourbon), the Duke Ellington (cognac, Cointreau and lime with a fine sugar rim) and The Great Gatsby (gin, honey simple syrup, fresh orange and lemon).
This season, guests can enjoy resort rates starting from $149. For reservations or more information on The Wigwam, call 623-935-3811 or visit wigwamarizona.com.